Attention: important hint
From 1 January 2019 there will be a guest tax in Leipzig. It serves to partially finance the tourism infrastructure. These guest tax must pay all persons who stay in the city of Leipzig for a fee.
The guest tax per person per day is 3.00 Euro, arrival and departure day will be charged as one day.
Excluded from the guest tax are:
- Children and adolescents up to the age of 18 years
- Pupils, students and apprentices from the age of 18 to the age of 25
- severely disabled in the sense of the German Social Security Code (SGB) IX
- escorts of severely handicapped persons if the necessity of being accompanied by a public health certificate, severely disabled person card or pension notice is proven
- Sick people who can not leave their accommodation after the person concerned has demonstrated the duration of the illness by presenting a medical certificate